Be prepared for anything with the PADI Rescue Diver eLearning Online Course. It's the most challenging and most rewarding course you’ll ever take. Increase your skills and confidence as a diver by learning how to deal with major and minor diving emergencies. Not only is this course fun, but it could save a life. It's a must for instructors and experienced divers alike, and it's ideal for parents who dive with their kids. The skills you learn in your rescue diver course will definitely pay off.
This eLearning course contains the online classroom portion only. Completing your PADI Rescue Diver Certification will require additional in person training with an instructor. This course is open to Certified Open Water divers and junior divers ages 12 and up. This course is not for beginners. You must have Open Water Certification and at least one other certification to qualify for this course.
Completion of this eLearning course is required to sign up for the in person training and dives, and is tailored to prepare you for those dives. You must complete both segments to attain your PADI Rescue Diver Certification. Designed to expand your knowledge and experience in diving, through this course you’ll learn more about when and how to assist another diver without putting yourself or others in jeopardy.
What will you learn?
- How to self-rescue
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Missing diver procedures
- The psychology of rescue
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- In water rescue breathing techniques
- Emergency management and equipment
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
PADI Rescue Diver eLearning Online Course includes the classroom portion of this course and provides access to the entire PADI Rescue Diver manual. Through this portion of the course, you will:
- Increase your skills and confidence
- Learn proper emergency and equipment management
- Learn how to rescue panicked and unresponsive divers
- Learn the strategies to deal with major and minor diving emergencies
How to Get Certified
First, take this course: PADI Rescue Diver eLearning Online Course. The eLearning® system makes learning fun and provides interactive presentations that include videos, audio, graphics, and reading. Short quizzes let you check your progress. That way, you can review and correct anything you missed, allowing you to move through the program efficiently and at your own pace.
Second, once you finish the online coursework, print out the eRecord and bring it to Divers Direct or your local PADI dive center. You're now ready to sign up for and start the in-water training with local PADI certified instructors. Upon successful completion of this section, you’ll earn your Rescue Diver Certification.
- Ages 12 and up. This course is not for beginners. You must have Open Water Certification and at least one other certification to qualify for this course
- After you finish the online course material, head to your local dive shop or PADI dive center to complete your training
- Purchase only includes the classroom portion of the course. Local instructors charge an additional fee to complete your in-water training