Unlock the wonders of the ocean with the PADI Open Water Diver eLearning Online Course. Open to anyone who is interested in learning to dive age 10 and up. WIth this course, you get to study the classroom portion online from anywhere you choose.This eLearning course contains the online classroom portion only. Completing your PADI Open Water Diver Certification will require additional in person training and dives with an instructor.
Completion of this eLearning course is required to sign up for the in person training and dives, and is tailored to prepare you for those dives. You must complete both segments to attain your Open Water Certification. Through this course, you’ll learn what you need to know to dive safely and will get to practice and refine those skills when you sign up for the in person portion.
What Will You Learn?
This course consists of online learning for the Open Water Diver certification and the associated online classroom work.
PADI Open Water Diver Course eLearning Online includes the classroom portion of the course. This online portion provides access to the entire PADI Open Water Diver manual.
How to Get Certified
First, take this course: PADI Open Water Diver eLearning Online Course. PADI's eLearning® system makes learning fun by providing interactive presentations that include videos, audio, graphics, and reading. Short quizzes let you check your progress so you can review and correct anything you're missing. This lets you move through the program efficiently at your own pace.
Second, once you finish the online coursework, print out the eRecord and bring it to Divers Direct or your local PADI dive center. You're now ready to sign up for and start your pool and in-water training with local PADI certified instructors. Upon successful completion of this section, you’ll earn your Open Water Certification.
- Access the PADI Open Water Diver manual for life
- Access the classroom portion of the course for 1 year
- Dynamic, interactive eLearning® portal with video, audio, graphics, and reading
- In-depth instruction for all standard equipment, from your snorkel to your BCD
- PADI Open Water Diver certification is recognized worldwide
- Learn online at your own pace when it's convenient to you
- Must separately register for the required in person training and dives to complete certification
- Ages 10 and up. This course is for beginners. You must be fit for diving and able to swim to complete your certification.
- After you finish the online course material, head to your local dive shop or PADI dive center to complete your training.
- Purchase only includes the classroom portion of the course. Local instructors charge an additional fee to complete your in-water training.