The Mares Travel scuba gear package gives you, the globe-trotting diver, a complete set of tools to explore under the waves wherever your travels take you. Get the lightest-weight, carry-on-friendliest scuba gear Mares makes at a fantastic package price. All you'll need is your favorite mask, fins, and a good dive gear bag to wheel through the airport and you're set!
It doesn't matter whether you're gearing up for your dream vacation to Fiji or planning to sneak in a dive or two on a business trip (we won't tell) - the Mares Travel scuba gear package gets you ready. Just add water!
The Mares Travel scuba gear package includes:
- Mares Magellan Travel BCD - back-inflation style
- Mares Prestige 15x Regulator - balanced diaphragm first stage, downstream demand-valve second stage
- Mares MV Octopus - unique design for left or right-hand use
- Mares Mission Puck 2 Console - full-featured double-display dive computer with integrated pressure gauge
Mares Magellan BCD
The Mares Magellan BCD features comfort, adjustability, and safety in a compact and portable design. Lightweight, compressible and durable material is used in the shoulders, back, and weight pocket. There are adjustable shoulder straps and adjustable chest and waist straps. All of the straps have squeeze-style side release buckles. Weight pockets can be placed on the back tank fastening strap for better weight distribution. Carry and clip all sorts of gear with two aluminum D-rings below the weight pockets and on the shoulder straps. There is a folding and self-draining accessory pocket on the right side of the cummerbund. Other features include ergonomic shoulders, three pull-dump/overpressure relief valves and multiple accessory attachment points. The Mares Magellan BCD comes with an owner’s manual and a threaded 3/8” low-pressure quick-disconnect hose.
Mares Magellan BCD features:
- A truly foldable, compact, travel BCD - lightweight at just 5 lbs
- Back-inflate design
- Redesigned strap system for comfort: adjustable shoulder, chest, and waist straps with squeeze-release buckles
- Ergonomic shoulders for increased comfort in chest and shoulders - comfortable for female divers
- 38 lb. lift capacity
- Integrated quick-release weight system very easy to use (9 lbs small and medium; 13 lbs large)
- Optional trim-weight pocket system with 10 lbs capacity
- Materials: Durable 420 Cordura nylon fabric; internally laminated urethane with welded seams; polyester and ABS plastic
- Large folding and self-draining pocket for stashing your essentials
- Four aluminum D-rings: two 1.6" (40 mm) below weight pockets; two 1" (25mm) on shoulder straps
- 3 pull-dump relief valves: on top of inflator, on right shoulder, on rear lower right
Mares Dual 15X Regulator
Compact, reliable, and high-performance - these are the words we use to describe the Mares Dual 15X regulator. Chrome-plated marine brass first stage is environmentally sealed, with balanced diaphragm design. First stage has dynamic flow control for steady air delivery as you breathe. 4 LP and 2 HP ports.
Second stage made of durable, lightweight techno-polymer with oversized, easy-to-push purge button. Reliable downstream valve design, with Vortex Assisted Design system which provides fantastic sensitivity and easy breathing at any depth. Soft, comfortable silicone mouthpiece eliminates jaw fatigue no matter how long you dive. Super-flex hose provides maximum freedom of movement.
Mares Dual 15X regulator features:
- Compact, reliable performance in a travel-friendly package
- 38 oz. weight with 32" super-flex hose
- Balanced diaphragm first stage, environmentally sealed
- Four 3/8" threaded LP ports
- Two 7/16" threaded HP ports
- Super-lightweight second stage with dependable downstream valve design
- Vortex Assist Design (VAD) system very sensitive to inhalation - breathe easy at all depths
Mares MV Octo
Compact, streamlined, and designed as a dedicated octo with a travel-friendly footprint. Unique ambidextrous design for ease of use with either hand. Simple, downstream demand valve design. Uses the same VAD system as second stage for easy, reliable breathing. Rugged and lightweight technopolymer construction.
Mares Mission Puck 2 console computer
The Mares Mission Puck 2 console-style dive computer incorporates both the Puck and an easy-to-read pressure gauge in a chrome-plated marine brass body. Console's polymer boot is grip-friendly and feels good in the hand. Safe diving ensured by advanced RGBM algorithm. Big, glove-friendly buttons make computer easy to use. Dead-simple menus make using this computer out of the box straightforward and intuitive.
Wide, easy-to-read display features strong backlighting, high contrast, and oversized digits. Furthermore, display is easy to read at a variety of viewing angles - so you'll spend less time fussing with your gear and more time enjoying your dive. Three modes: air, nitrox, and bottom time. Altitude-adjustable. Even includes a USB interface for transferring your dive log to your PC.
Pressure gauge reads up to 5,000 psi, with safety reserve 500 psi color-coded red. Double-braided 36" hose has a 360-degree swivel. Fluorescent dial is easy to read in any lighting conditions.
Mares Mission Puck 2 dive computer console features:
- Integrated dive computer and pressure gauge incorporating Mares-Wienke RGBM (Reduced Gradient Bubbles Model) algorithm
- 3 modes: air, nitrox, and bottom time
- Depth display to 492 ft
- Audible alarms
- Easy-to-read display: big digits, strong backlighting, and high-contrast readout visible at a variety of angles
- Big finger-friendly buttons and intuitive interface make navigation a breeze
- Optional USB interface for transferring dive logs to your PC
- Pressure gauge with fluorescent dial and 500 psi safety reserve simple and easy to read
- 36" double-braided, neoprene-jacket hose is durable and reliable
- CR2450 user-replaceable batteries provide 36 hours of power