Enjoy unmatched airflow and natural, easy breathing when you use the Mares Fusion 72X Regulator. Auto Sealing Technology keeps the first stage dry, so you can breathe comfortably. Each of its eight LP ports features Dynamic Flow Control for reliable performance at any depth. Great for recreational and technical dives, the second stage has a wide purge button and a SuperFlex hose. Unlike traditional rubber hoses, the SuperFlex is lightweight, double-braided, and long-lasting.
Mares Fusion 72x: performance at 400 m?!?
Mares used their ANSTI machine
to test the Fusion 72x regulator's performance to 200 meters (656 feet)! The Fusion 72x exceeds the requirements of the Norwegian Technology Standards Institution's NORSOK U-101 standard for diving respiratory equipment used at depths exceeding 400 meters (1300 feet). Now, there's no reason you'd want to go thirteen times
the recommended depth limit for recreational diving. Please don't test these depth limits for yourself.
Mares Fusion 72x features:
- Ideal for technical and recreational diving
- 4 LP Axial ports, 4 LP vertical points, and pre-oriented HP ports
- Twin power Vortex Assisted Design bypass system for natural, easy breathing
- Double-braided, lightweight SuperFlex hose lasts longer than traditional rubber hoses
- Dynamic Flow Control on all LP ports for top performance at any depth
- Wide pivoting purge button is easy to operate, even with thick gloves on
Mares Fusion 72x technology
All Metal Technology
- Outstanding mechanical reliability and high thermal conductivity make our metal 2nd stages extremely long lasting and ideal for cold water dives. The high thermal conductivity of metal reduces also the dry mouth feeling during the dive.
DFC - Dynamic Flow Control
- Minimizes intermediate pressure drop during inhalation thus maximizing gas delivery, especially under extreme conditions.
- New, flow control manages the delivery rate of your gas, from natural breathing to power breathing. The former is the traditional way of breathing a Mares regulator, (VAD) while the latter (VAD+) provides an extra push when you need it.
VAD - Vortex Assisted Design
- The air bypass tube delivers air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low pressure area in the center that keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, for very sensitive and easy breathing at all depths.
- Extreme light weight and exceptional softness guarantee the maximum freedom of movement.