The PADI Underwater Digital Photographer eLearning Online Course is designed to enhance your underwater photography skills and knowledge. Starting with a web-based interactive system, you’ll learn techniques to shoot underwater photos and video. This eLearning course contains the online classroom portion only. Completing your PADI Underwater Digital Photographer Certification will require additional in person training with an instructor.
This course is open to any PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver age 10 and up. You must complete the PADI Open Water Diver course or PADI Junior Open Water Diver course to be eligible for this course.
Completion of this eLearning course is required to sign up for the in person training and dives, and is tailored to prepare you for those Digital Photography Dives.Once your online portion is complete, contact Divers Direct to sign up for the in water portion of the certification course.
You must complete both segments to attain your PADI Underwater Digital Photographer Certification. Designed to expand your knowledge and experience in diving, this course is sure to help you see the underwater world in a new light.
What Will You Learn?
The course starts with the basics: How to choose the right underwater camera system for you. It also covers the principles of composition and practical techniques for taking good photos and video underwater. Learn the PADI SEA (Shoot, Examine, Adjust) method to get your best shots fast.
PADI Underwater Digital Photographer eLearning Online Course includes the classroom portion of the Underwater Digital Photographer certification.
- Begin as soon as you sign up and study at your own pace
- Interactive program teaches the foundations of underwater photography
- Learn how to choose the right underwater camera system
- Learn principles of composition and practical techniques for taking underwater photos
- Learn the PADI SEA method for taking great shots fast
- Bonus Section: Learn to take dynamic underwater video
- Includes online access to the Digital Underwater Photographer Manual
- Open to PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers age 10 and up
How to Get Certified
First, take this course: PADI Underwater Digital Photographer eLearning Online Course. Go through the course at your own pace using PADI's easy, web-based eLearning® site. Once there, you'll find interactive presentations that include, audio, video, graphics, and reading. Measure your progress with short quizzes, then review or correct anything you've missed on your own schedule. You have up to 1 year to complete your online coursework, and the online copy of the Digital Underwater Photographer's Manual
is yours forever.
Second, once you finish the online coursework, print out the eRecord and bring it to Divers Direct or your local PADI dive center. You're now ready to sign up for and start the in-water training with local PADI certified instructors. Upon successful completion of this section, you’ll earn your PADI Underwater Digital Photographer Certification.
- Ages 10 and up. This course is not for beginners. You must have Open Water Certification to qualify for this course.
- After you finish the online course material, head to your local dive shop or PADI dive center to enroll in and complete your training.
- Purchase only includes the classroom portion of the course. Local instructors charge an additional fee to complete your in-water training.