The A700 teams up with the MK25 EVO to create the ScubaPro MK25 EVO/A700 Carbon Black Tech Regulator (DIN). Compact and durable, it features ultra-high airflow for maximum performance in all types of water temperature and conditions. An air-balanced, flow-through-piston first stage delivers more air to the second stage than any other first stage. Performance is not affected by changing tank pressure. Enjoy smooth breathing for the entire duration of your dive. The second stage has air-balanced valve technology, a super high flow exhaust valve, coaxial flow and an orthodontic mouthpiece.
The MK25 EVO A700 really shines in its cold water capabilities. It has anti-freezing features such as Xtreme Thermal Insulation System, an antifreeze cap and insulating bushings, ribs and internal parts. It has two opposite high-pressure ports. This allows for individual positioning of the first stage. The diver can position the gauges on the right or left side, which increases freedom of motion for the head and neck. There are five HP ports on a swiveling turret, which allows the hoses to swivel at 360 degrees. There are multiple low-pressure ports as well. The first stage, second stage, LP hose and instruction manual are included in the package.
- Handmade carbon fiber front cover, metal casing and metal valve housing (barrel) make for a rugged second stage able to withstand years of aggressive diving.
- Carbon fiber is extremely lightweight and, unlike metal that can change shape when dropped or struck against a hard object, carbon fiber can resist substantial shocks without damage.
- Metal case construction enables the use of a larger diaphragm inside a compact casing, increasing breathing sensitivity.
- DLC Black Tech coating protects from corrosion and scratches and lends a technical look to the regulator.
- Air balanced second stage smoothes out the inhalation effort when diving at varying depths and supply pressures.
- User controls include a diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob and coaxial Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) switch.
- Air balanced piston first stage in a Black Tech-coated brass body delivers consistent and effortless airflow, regardless of depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- With its patented ultra-freeze-resistant Extended Thermal Insulating System (XTIS) the MK25 EVO offers excellent thermal insulation by fully isolating the mechanical elements of the first stage from the cold, all without compromising breathing performance.
- Anti-freeze protection radically increases breathing reliability when diving in the most extreme water temperatures.
- Two opposing high pressure ports allow the first stage to be positioned either up or down.
- Four high-flow and one axial super high-flow low pressure ports on a swivel turret maximize hose routing options.
- External intermediate pressure adjustment enables technicians to fine-tune performance quickly and easily.
ScubaPro MK25 EVO A700 carbon black regulator details
- Air-balanced flow-through-piston first stage for high performance
- Ultra stable intermediate pressure gives instant and reliable high air delivery
- High performance in warm and cold water
- Comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece
- Diver-adjustable inhalation knob and Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA)
- CE-approved for 3,360 psi (230 bars) in cold water
- HP ports: 2
- LP High Flow ports: 5
- LP ports are mounted on a swivel turret cap for hose routing
- Xtreme Thermal Insulating System prevents the regulator from freezing in cold water
- Carbon fiber, marine grade brass and stainless steel components are lightweight, durable and shock-resistant
- Second stage has a full metal case and valve housing
What is the Diamond-Like Coating used on the Mk25 EVO A700 regulator?
DLC stands for diamond-like carbon
coating, and is a nanocomposite coating that has unique properties of natural diamond low friction, high hardness, and high corrosion resistance. This coating was originally developed for super-high-wear metal machine components like hydraulic components, bearings, and cutting tools. Honestly, a lot more metals would be coated with this stuff if it wasn't so difficult and expensive a process.
Specific features of DLC coating:
- High hardness
- Very low coefficient of friction (0.02 - 0.15)
- High corrosion resistance
- Great adhesion to substrate material for long-lasting finish that won't wear away
- Adhesive wear resistance
- Self lubrication in dry wear conditions
- Electrical insulation