Olympus Tough TG-6 12 MP Waterproof Camera
Perfect for Underwater Shooting with Tough Performance and Macro Functions
The Olympus expands rugged and underwater shooting capabilities with the new Olympus Tough TG-6, a compact digital camera with reliable Tough performance for shooting anytime and anywhere. With 12 MP, the Olympus Tough TG-6 12 MP Dive Camera brings a sensor that performs better in low-light situations. Wrapped in a dustproof, shockproof, waterproof body, this is the camera to take underwater with peace-of-mind and come back with breathtaking shots.
Enjoy capturing fast, hard to get subjects in video or images with brilliant color and stunning detail even underwater, thanks to its blazingly fast, wide-angle f/2.01 lens, back-lit high-speed CMOS sensor, and powerful TruePicTM VIII image processor. The Tough TG-6 is waterproof to a depth of 50' (15 m), dustproof, shockproof to 7' (2.4 m), crushproof to 100 kgf, freezeproof to 14°F (-10°C), and features a dual-pane protective glass construction for superb anti-fogging performance. Its Variable Macro System goes beyond the limits of the eye with ultra-close-up shooting up to 1 cm from the front of the lens, allowing you to get up close to your subject for a crisp, detailed shot. Full-featured underwater shooting modes and a new fisheye converter lens that supports circular fisheye photography are available separately for the Tough TG-6, along with a full lineup of other accessories for expanded shooting possibilities, making this truly the strongest field camera available.
Tough Performance for Shooting Anytime
Take your camera as deep as 50' without a housing thanks to the sealing throughout the entire camera body and double-lock construction on the camera battery cover for underwater shooting and excellent dustproof capabilities for use in dirty and dusty locations. Its floating construction protects the inside of the camera, clearing drop tests up to seven feet, and the reinforced body withstands loads up to 100 kgf. The Olympus Tough TG-6 is also freezeproof down to 14°F, and the nitrogen-filled, hermetically sealed dual-pane protective glass construction prevents condensation and fogging for reliable shooting even in locations with severe temperature fluctuations.
Dive Deep Into Underwater Photography
To expand the possibilities of underwater shooting even further, the Tough TG-6 is equipped with five underwater shooting modes optimized for various situations, allowing the user to capture sharp, colorful underwater photos at all depths: Underwater snap, Underwater wide, Underwater macro, Underwater microscope, Underwater HDR. The popular Underwater White Balance mode now offers three options, providing appropriate color adjustment for deepwater shooting, making it easier than ever to shoot sharp, vibrant underwater photos and videos.
If you're looking to shoot fast-moving subjects, the Olympus Tough TG-6 is the camera for that. Equipped with a high resolution, high-speed f/2.0 zoom lens and a high-speed back-lit CMOS image sensor, offering excellent high-sensitivity performance and allowing you to capture bright, richly detailed images in low-light settings. Anti-reflective (AR) coating incorporated in the image sensor’s sealing glass minimizes ghosting and flares. The TruePicTM VIII image processor reduces noise levels and improves resolution in low contrast areas.
Variable Macro System
Conquer macro photography and creatively capture intricate detail using any of the four shooting modes, opening a new world of macro shooting. This close-up shooting performance allows high-quality image capture of the microscopic world that the human eye cannot see. The closest focusing distance of 1 cm is possible for close-up shots even in Program and Aperture modes for more flexible photography.
With Microscope Mode, users can capture high-quality, detailed images of tiny subjects that are difficult to see with the naked eye, such as the details on the antennae of lobsters, the detail on corals, and tiny underwater creates. A maximum shooting magnification of 7 x 8 is possible when the optical zoom is set to the telephoto end and the subject is 1 cm away from the front of the lens, delivering magnified shots similar to using a microscope. The Microscope Mode gives you easy access to control your microscope lenses. Switch display magnification ratios with the press of a single button similar to switching microscope objective lenses for observing and photographing subjects at 1x, 2x, and 4x. When the subject is 1 cm from the front of the lens while using this mode, the image on the rear LCD monitor can zoom in up to 44.4x.
Focus Stacking Mode
Capture multiple shots while automatically shifting the focus from the foreground to the background with the Focus Stacking Mode. Only the areas in focus are extracted and merged, resulting in a full pixel photo with a deep depth of focus. This is particularly effective for macro shooting when shots have a shallow depth of field and a narrow range of focus. Between 3 and 10 shots can be set on the Tough TG-6 so users can fine-tune settings for different subjects and precision in their finished image.
Focus Bracketing Mode
With a single shot, this function captures up to 30 images while shifting the focus from the foreground to the background. Three levels of focal shift and number of shots can be selected to perfectly match the subject and shooting conditions. This feature is convenient for instantly setting the focal position when shooting flower petals or the wings of insects, etc.
Advanced Video Functions
The Olympus Tough TG-6 is equipped with Ultra HD 4K Movie, ideal for recording beautiful scenery in amazing detail. Full HD 120fps High-Speed Movie is also included to capture high-quality split-second moments with playback in stunning slow motion.
Field Sensor System
The Olympus Tough TG-6 is equipped with a Field Sensor System, using tracking information obtained from various sensors in the camera to record data, including the GPS11, manometer, temperature sensor, and compass. Data can then be synced to photos and video and viewed in the free Olympus Image Track (OI.Track) smartphone app. Simply press the INFO button, even when the camera is off, to display data.
Pro Capture Mode
Never miss a shot. Pro Capture Mode shoots sequentially at 10 frames-per-second (fps) for 0.5 seconds before the shutter button is pressed fully, making it perfect for capturing shots where timing may be difficult, such as an insect in flight or a drop of liquid splashing.
High Definition LCD monitor
The new rear LCD monitor now features a 1.04 million-pixel high-definition resolution for improved visibility. The brightness and color saturation are optimally tuned for use outdoors.
It is now possible to embed the date and time of capture into still images for convenience and reference later. Users can turn this feature on and off to best fit their needs.
Olympus Tough TG-6 Camera Additional Features and Specs:
- Ideal for shooting anywhere, anytime, under any conditions
- Tough and high-quality camera for underwater photography and videography
- Sensor Effective Resolution / Type: 12 Megapixel BSI CMOS
- Processor: TruePic™ VIII
- Focusing System: CMOS Contrast Detection (with AF Illuminator)
- Waterproof 50' (15 m) - IPX8, Shockproof 7' (2.1 m), Crushproof 220 lbf (100 kgf), Freezeproof 14°F (-10°C), Dustproof IP6X
- Rear Monitor 1,040k-dot, 3.0" LCD Monitor
- Video: 4K 30p, 4K Timelapse Video, FHD 120 fps High Speed Video
- Sequential Shooting Speed 20 fps [H] mode 5 fps [L] mode
- Pro Capture: approx 10 fps
- Special FeaturesBright F2.0 Lens
- Pro Capture
- In-camera Focus Stacking
- Microscope Modes
- Selectable Underwater White Balance Modes
- Action Track Sensor System and Date Imprint
- RAW data can be recorded and then edited in post-production using the Olympus Workspace image editing software
Five Underwater Modes
- Underwater Wide: Optimized for shooting in dim underwater conditions and capable of shooting in deeper water
- Underwater Snapshot: Records subjects using the natural lighting in pools and other shallow water for natural-looking photos
- Underwater Macro: Perfect for close-up shots of small subjects such as little fish
- Underwater Microscope: Captures even smaller subjects up to 1 cm from the front of the lens
- Underwater HDR: Dramatically recreates the scene without losing details in dark areas
Three Underwater White Balance Modes
- Underwater Shallow: Recommended for use in water depths up to approximately 10' deep to improve the red tones that tend to occur in shallow water
- Underwater Mid-Range: Optimally tunes the color for general use in water from 10'-50' deep
- Underwater Deep: For use with the new Underwater Case PT-059 (sold separately) in water deeper than 50', particularly for improving the blue tones in photos
What's in the Box?
- Body, USB cable, Hand Strap, Instruction Manual, Warranty Card, LI-92B Li-ion Battery, F-5AC Li-ion Battery Charger
- Product Sku: DD129891
- Rechargeable Battery: No
- Accessory: No