Divers Direct – Largest SCUBA Store in Fort Lauderdale
Come visit the Largest Dive Shop in Fort Lauderdale, Florida!
Our Friendly Experts in Florida have been serving Divers for over 20 years!
Don't waste your time with other Fort Lauderdale SCUBA shops, Divers Direct is the premier Fort Lauderdale SCUBA diving store with thousands of SCUBA and snorkeling items in stock for South Florida SCUBA divers, and vacationers.
Divers Direct Dania Beach Services
Nitrox Fills Available at this SCUBA Shop
- Certifications - Drift Diving is one of many specialty courses offered at the Ft Lauderdale SCUBA shop. With the Gulf Stream just offshore, most of your diving is Drift Diving. If you are not familiar with this type of diving and would like more information and training stop by Divers Direct Ft Lauderdale and our friendly and knowledgeable sales staff will be glad to set you up with a SCUBA diving instructor. Other courses that are offered are Open Water Certification, Advanced Open Water Certification, Specialty Courses, Rescue Diver and Dive Master Courses.
- Air and Nitrox tank fills - This scuba shop has a top of the line Nitrox fill system. Divers Direct Air and Nitrox containment system allow for the perfect fill while protecting the safety of customers and employees. So whether you want Air or Nitrox our Dania Beach dive shop can accommodate your needs.
- SCUBA Gear- We offer top notch brands such as Cressi, Mares, Zeagle, EVO, Tusa, Bare, Oneill, Aqua Lung, and Atomic at top notch pricing. Reliable gear at affordable prices. From high tech gear to very basic
snorkel gearwe have products to fit every need.
- Beach Wear- Whether you are on a much needed vacation or you are a long time Ft. Lauderdale native we have a variety of beach wear that will appeal to you. From
swim suitsand board shorts to tropical casual wear, we have the latest fashions from O’Neill, Billabong, Roxy, Luau, Quiksilver and many other top rated brands.
Ft. Lauderdale Information
- Ft. Lauderdale is located in the heart of South Florida. It is 40 miles North of Miami and 40 miles South of West Palm Beach.
- Ft. Lauderdale is home to 3rd busiest cruise port in the world, Port Everglades. 40 major cruise ships dock here and host an average of 1,900 cruises annually.
- Ft. Lauderdale is one of today’s fastest growing residential areas in the country.
- Ft. Lauderdale International Airport is located approximately:
- 2 miles from Port Everglades
- 4 miles from Divers Direct Ft. Lauderdale
- 5 miles from Las Olas Blvd
- 6 miles from the Beach
- 6 miles from Seminole Hard Rock Casino and Entertainment District
- 16 miles from Dolphin Stadium
- 24 miles from American Airlines Arena home of the Miami Heat Basketball Team
Ft. Lauderdale Area Attractions
- Las Olas Blvd- One of the most popular places to visit in Ft. Lauderdale. In the heart of downtown you will find Las Olas Boulevard. You have many dining, shopping and entertainment options to choose from. There is something for everyone. Las Olas Blvd never disappoints.
- Catch a professional sports game while you are in town. From football to baseball to hockey, South Florida has a professional sports team. The Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat, Florida Panthers, and the Florida Marlins have been entertaining crowds for many years.
- Visit the popular Seminole Hard Rock Hotel, Casino, and Entertainment District. There are many food, shopping and entertainment options. You can play your luck at slots. Have a laugh at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club. Go dancing at any one of the many clubs this property has. Grab a drink at 88's Dueling Pianos. With so many options all in one place this is a must see on your vacation.
- Lay out in the warm sun on any one of Ft. Lauderdale’s many beaches. You have Harbor Beach, Ft. Lauderdale (North and South) Beaches, Hallandale, Hollywood and North Hollywood beaches to choose from.
- Rent a waverunner, take a sunset cruise, or fly high parasailing. Ft. Lauderdale is a prime location for water sports and activities
Ft. Lauderdale SCUBA Diving
Diving in Ft. Lauderdale is unique in that every dive is different even if you are diving in the same location. Hurricanes change dive sites every hurricane season moving wrecks around and changing reefs. Expect to see different things on each dive trip. Some recommended Ft. Lauderdale dive sites would be:
- Tenneco Towers- depth range is 70–110ft. This decommissioned oil platform was sunk in 1985. It was deployed in 3 separate sections. They were lined up in a straight east-west line until Hurricane Andrew took one of the platform sections out to sea. To this day, the location of this missing platform has yet to be found. Many good sized fish make Tenneco Towers their home including pelagic or open ocean fish, large schooling Tarpon, and occasionally sharks. The yellow cup corals and the red encrusting corals make this a superb dive site.
- The Edmister- depth range is 45 – 74 ft. This is a great dive for open water novice divers or those divers who haven’t been diving in awhile. The Edmister is a 95 ft steel US Coast Guard cutter. She was built in 1953 and was sunk in 1989. The Edmister rests in a sandy area facing north and south and listing slightly to starboard.
- The Rebel- depth range is 78 -105ft. It is located 5 miles from Port Everglades. This 150 ft Norweigen freighter was built in 1947 and was sunk during the summer of 1985. This artificial reef site was originally named Andrea. This perfectly intact freighter sits upright with the main deck sitting at about 80 feet. Jacks, barracuda, and large grouper are often found here.
- The Captain Dan- depth range is 65 – 110ft. This is one of Ft. Lauderdale’s most popular wrecks. This wreck is easily penetrated and sits upright. Visibility is usually about 60 feet. This wreck is susceptible to moderate to strong currents so advanced divers or divers with drift diving experience are recommended for this wreck. Divers have a good chance at seeing Goliath Groupers at this location.
- Shark Reef- depth range is 45 – 55 ft. Shark reef got it’s name because the reef looks like an outline of a shark. This reef is a bit further out there than most of the other reefs. This reef is not frequently visited which makes this a place to see. Often found here are sea turtles, eels, octopus, tropical fish and lots of lobster. The less frequently visited places will have a lot more to offer.
- Barracuda Reef- depth range is 25 – 35. This is one of the more popular and frequently dived sites in Ft. Lauderdale. During night dives large turtles frequent the area. The reef is located just south of the inlet at Port Everglades. Due to the populated area and increased boat traffic divers should use caution.
Visit Dania Beach location...easy to find right off I-95. Thousands of SCUBA and Snorkeling items in stock for South Florida SCUBA divers, and vacationers.
6 Florida Scuba Diving Shops
WHY CHOOSE DIVERS DIRECT?
- • Authorized Dealer
- • 110% Low Price Guarantee
- • Direct Rewards Program
If you find the identical product for less by a U.S. authorized dealer within 30 days of purchase, we'll refund the difference plus an additional 10% of the difference!
Members earn Free Gift Certificates and other cool stuff, including SCUBA Gear and Snorkeling Equipment with every purchase from Divers Direct.
Buy SCUBA equipment with absolute confidence. We stand behind EVERY product we sell. If you are not absolutely satisfied with your SCUBA gear purchase for any reason, we will be happy to exchange the product or refund the purchase price.
"Divers Direct have good selection and reasonable prices with excellent service !"
- Aleksii D.
"Divers Direct Orlando is AWESOME! They are all a lot of fun to be around."
- Stephen C.
"I can honestly say that the staff in both your Ft Lauderdale and Key Largo Stores are great. They are friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. That, plus great prices – what more can one ask for?"